"When I was about eleven years old, I remember a specific conversation I had with my father. I sat quiet while he talked about our family's Italian heritage and the origin of our last name, DeLeo. De - Leo: The - Lion. Simple enough, makes sense. What characteristics come to your mind when you think about the embodiment of a lion? I think of wisdom, respect, courage, beauty, strength, unity, and passion. Once I learned of this connection, I took a lot of pride in my last name and the characteristics it symbolized. To this day, I dedicate to live every aspect of my life with the heart of a lion."

Friday, March 16, 2012

LZ Football

This past month, LZHS head football coach, Bryan Stortz, accept a new position as the head coach of Rock Island. As many are already aware, coach Proffitt has been named the new head football coach at LZHS.  Coach Proffitt has extensive football knowledge and is a master of his stingy 3-5 defense.  Assistant coach, Aaron Towne, will fill the role of offensive coordinator for the 2012 season.


There will be a celebration to honor Coach Stortz’s dedication to the LZ Football program on April 22, 2012.  The event will be held from 2:00 to 5:00 at Knights of Columbus, in Lake Zurich (right next to Kits).  There will be a presentation from 3:00 to 4:00.  Former players are being asked to share their memories in the form of letters or video messages.  Players- please email your memories to bobbydeleo6@yahoo.com and they will be compiled into a presentation.

No comments: