"When I was about eleven years old, I remember a specific conversation I had with my father. I sat quiet while he talked about our family's Italian heritage and the origin of our last name, DeLeo. De - Leo: The - Lion. Simple enough, makes sense. What characteristics come to your mind when you think about the embodiment of a lion? I think of wisdom, respect, courage, beauty, strength, unity, and passion. Once I learned of this connection, I took a lot of pride in my last name and the characteristics it symbolized. To this day, I dedicate to live every aspect of my life with the heart of a lion."

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Update

Hello Friends,

As I approach my last semester at Illinois State University, I have recently decided that I will be continuing my blog.  Initially this blog was set up to track my experiences while studying abroad at The University of the West of England, in Bristol, England.  I will be taking a slightly different approach to my blog posts, but this will be a great way for viewers to receive insight into my personal and professional life.  Hope all is well with everyone.  Feel free to contact me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Sincerely,

Bobby DeLeo

No comments: