"When I was about eleven years old, I remember a specific conversation I had with my father. I sat quiet while he talked about our family's Italian heritage and the origin of our last name, DeLeo. De - Leo: The - Lion. Simple enough, makes sense. What characteristics come to your mind when you think about the embodiment of a lion? I think of wisdom, respect, courage, beauty, strength, unity, and passion. Once I learned of this connection, I took a lot of pride in my last name and the characteristics it symbolized. To this day, I dedicate to live every aspect of my life with the heart of a lion."

Friday, June 10, 2011

Dublin Weeked cont...

This morning we bought tickets for a bus tour to the countryside and primarly the Wicklow mountains.  Soooooo glad we did it!! Totally awesome.  Beautiful scenery.  Tried to take as much time as I could to soak it in.  So green, so hilly, so majestic.  Out bus guide was a nice old man, but slightly creepy.....he was always saying give me a Euro or a kiss.  But he made everyone on the bus do a shot of Jameson at the top of the mountain. ...that was pretty yuck (not a whiskey fan).  Anyways the bus stopped at this old secluded pub for lunch.  The food was so goooood and the atmosphere of the pub couldnt be beat.  Traditionjal Irish style.  There was even two ladies playing wierd ass old time instruments.  I ordered the Guiness beef stew, which came complete with a huge scoop of mashed potatoes.  Not only was it incredible tasting, it was affordable and filling.  My fat buns seems to have an issue with the filling and affordable thing when it comes to food here.  Our final stop on the bus tour was Glendalough.  It was a pretty neat abandoned village dating back to i dont even know when.

Once we got back in the city had dinner at SuperMacs, which was a like a not so great Mcdonalds.  Picked up a few Bulmers to pregame and went back to the hostel to relax for a little.  The thing i liked about this hostel was everyone was soo nice.  People would just sit in the loby and talk or read books or....drink.  We met one French girl named Capucine.  She was extremely nice and highly interested in Americans.  We had fun teaching here new phrases and she loved it.  And apparently she later told Eric  that she goes both ways.  To each his own i guess.  Anyways most of us headed to the PS I Love you bar, Whelans.  It was soooo much fun.  Maybe the best night yet on the trip.  Basically group members and I conquered the dance floor.  Which is not saying much bc none of us are great dancers, but we showed up all the Europeans.  They played great music and it made for a great night.  All the people in Dublin are really nice and it makes for an enjoyable time. 

No comments: