"When I was about eleven years old, I remember a specific conversation I had with my father. I sat quiet while he talked about our family's Italian heritage and the origin of our last name, DeLeo. De - Leo: The - Lion. Simple enough, makes sense. What characteristics come to your mind when you think about the embodiment of a lion? I think of wisdom, respect, courage, beauty, strength, unity, and passion. Once I learned of this connection, I took a lot of pride in my last name and the characteristics it symbolized. To this day, I dedicate to live every aspect of my life with the heart of a lion."

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Summary

The days leading up to last Friday were mainly used to plan our London weekend.  At this point I feel fairly well acquainted with campus and the surrounding city of Bristol.  My host family is very nice and I am glad that I have been given the opportuninty to stay with them.  Ana does a great job preparing our meals, and her son, Brendon, has even prepared a tuna pasta bake for us on a couple occasions.  The first couple days of classes almost seem more exhausting than traveling all day.  I suppose that is good because by bed time I am ready for rest and have been sleeping well through the night. 

After late night preparations I felt ready for our trip to London tomorrow(Friday 27).  The coach was arriving early in the morning to pick us up for the 2.5 hour ride to London. 

No comments: