"When I was about eleven years old, I remember a specific conversation I had with my father. I sat quiet while he talked about our family's Italian heritage and the origin of our last name, DeLeo. De - Leo: The - Lion. Simple enough, makes sense. What characteristics come to your mind when you think about the embodiment of a lion? I think of wisdom, respect, courage, beauty, strength, unity, and passion. Once I learned of this connection, I took a lot of pride in my last name and the characteristics it symbolized. To this day, I dedicate to live every aspect of my life with the heart of a lion."

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Summary Cont...

Day 2

Good a decent rest.  I like my host family and the have a rather cozy house.  Still feel kinda goofy and exhausted however.  Today we took Pirate Pete's tour, which I was lead to believe was of all of Bristol. And yes this was advised by our ISU professor in charge.  It was not very good.  He took as in a very small area around the harbor and that was it.  He only talked about pirate facts, which was kinda cool, but we all felt kinda mislead by our professor.  In addition I think he was bullshitting a lot of what he was saying.  ...plus he quite possibly have been a homeless person. And yes our professor wanted us to do this.

Stopped in at the oldest pub in town, "Landover trough" (or something like that). Meh nothing special.  Then we had the rest of the day for ourselves in Bristol.  Walked up Park St., which is a main street that is practically vertical.  Got a sim card for a phone and stopped in a few shops.  Then took a long ventures walk back to host families home.  Had a good dinner of chicken, turkey, potatoes, and veggies.  Talked with Babuka some and made good conversation.

Washed up and went out for the evening.  We all gathered at a pub called "The Prom."  There was an open mic when we arrived so I was pretty happy to watch that.  Had some Symonds cider.  Talking with Allison from our group and in a short while we were both on stage.  A local was kind enough to let me us his guitar.  Together we sang Landslide and Good Riddance, then I sang Lookin Out My Back door, and my own song, Sweet Home.  It was very spontaneous, but very fun.

No comments: