"When I was about eleven years old, I remember a specific conversation I had with my father. I sat quiet while he talked about our family's Italian heritage and the origin of our last name, DeLeo. De - Leo: The - Lion. Simple enough, makes sense. What characteristics come to your mind when you think about the embodiment of a lion? I think of wisdom, respect, courage, beauty, strength, unity, and passion. Once I learned of this connection, I took a lot of pride in my last name and the characteristics it symbolized. To this day, I dedicate to live every aspect of my life with the heart of a lion."

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

MKT 332 Creative Strategy and Design

This is a great class for IMC (Integrated Market Communication) experience.  The focus of IMC is to create a memorable brand and brand message across all channels of media; in order to influence a response from audiences.  The awesome thing about the design of this class is that students have not only the opportunity to plan a marketing campaign, but a chance to test their creative abilities.  Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop are a part of the curriculum and taught to students in a computer lab setting. 

This week in MKT 332 we selected what organization we will be working with for our semester project.  My group and I will be working with Emack & Bolio's, which is an ice cream shop located in Uptown Normal.  We will be responsible for campaign and creative brief that focuses on target audience, core message and logo design.  Stay posted for the progress on our project and our new logo design!!

No comments: