"When I was about eleven years old, I remember a specific conversation I had with my father. I sat quiet while he talked about our family's Italian heritage and the origin of our last name, DeLeo. De - Leo: The - Lion. Simple enough, makes sense. What characteristics come to your mind when you think about the embodiment of a lion? I think of wisdom, respect, courage, beauty, strength, unity, and passion. Once I learned of this connection, I took a lot of pride in my last name and the characteristics it symbolized. To this day, I dedicate to live every aspect of my life with the heart of a lion."

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Grandma Update!

Grandma comes home from the hospital tomorrow!! She has spent the last week working with physical therapists to get her body strong.  Her program had her doing six 30 minute sessions a day.  Whoa she is tough!  Overall, Grandma is progressing nicely and her spirits are extremely high.  She is excited to be coming home and working on her recovery.  Her motivation to continue working hard on her therapy is so that she can put on her dancing shoes for the September wedding and schedule her knee replacement surgery by the new year. 

No comments: